How To Fix BellSouth Authentication Error
Bellsouth email accounts are quite famous in the world, especially in the United States. These email services are owned by AT&T Telecommunications and ISP provider. Millions of users are associated with Bellsouth accounts and have been using them for their professional tasks.
On the other hand, many users who have configured their Bellsouth accounts with their MS Live or Windows Live Mail accounts usually face authentic issues. In simple words, it means that they get unable to access their accounts even if they put their login credentials right. Moreover, they generally see an error message saying Bellsouth email authentication failed on their screens.
If you are also facing this issue with your Bellsouth account then read this article further to know how to fix it and the prime reason due to which this issue occurs in the first place.
Reasons Behind BellSouth Authentication Error Issue
Usually when users configured their Bellsouth accounts with their respective MS Outlook accounts then they face authentication issues. However, even if they enter the correct username and password while getting access to their account. This could happen due to many common reasons such as follows.
- Users have switched from their AT&T and DSL account to another DSL account
- Users have been using an outdated or incompatible web browser
- Too much of cache and cookie files are there in the user’s web browser
- The MS Outlook desktop application isn’t working properly
- The IMAP or SMTP settings are not properly configured
Hence, the aforementioned reasons are some of the major ones that might cause your Bellsouth email authentication failed issue. However, some of them can be resolved on your own but if you do not know how to update MS Outlook application or remove cache and cookie files from your web browser then here’s what you can do.
Steps To Fix BellSouth Email Authentication Failed Issue
Follow the steps on how to fix Bellsouth email authentication error mentioned below.
To Update MS Outlook App
- Launch the MS Outlook app in your desktop
- Scroll to the File option and then select the Office Account option
- Next, click on the Update Options and then select Update Now option
- Let the update finish and re-launch your app
To Remove Cache & Cookie Files
- Open your Web browser such as Google Chrome
- Next, click on the 3-Vertical button icon on the top-right
- Next, select the History button and then select the Clear Browsing Data option
- Select the Clear Data button now and restart the web browser
- Now try logging in to your Bellsouth Account
Furthermore, if you are still unable to get access to your account then contact technical support to get assistance on how to fix Bellsouth email authentication error from the professionals.