How To Fix Google Chrome Not Updating on Android
Google Chrome usually easily updates itself once you have allowed the update process. However, there are times when you might not be able to do so on your Android device. Well, this could happen due to various reasons such as network problems, device configuration issues, etc. But that does not mean that you can’t fix such a Google Chrome issue in your Android app.
In this post, you’ll able to learn about quick hacks to Fix Google Chrome Not Updating on Android device without any hassle. Hence, read further.
Quick Hacks To Fix Google Chrome Not Updating Issue On Android
Restart Your Phone & Modem
If you have connected your Android device to a Wi-Fi connection (modem/router), then try restarting both of them followed by updating your Google Chrome.
Try Updating Every App
- Open Play Store on your Android device, then tap on the 3-bar icon.
- Now, tap on My apps & games, then tap on the Update All button.
Try Uninstalling All The Play Store Updates
- Navigate to the Settings section in your Android device, then head over to the Apps/Manage apps.
- Find the Google Play Store, tap on it, then select the 3-dot icon.
- Select Uninstall updates, then restart your Android device and then let the Play Store automatically update in the background along with the installed app (including Google Chrome).
Clear Cache & Data – Google Chrome App
Another way to Fix Google Chrome Not Updating on Android issue is to clear the cache and data for multiple Google Chrome apps supportive apps such as Google Play Store, Google Play Services, Android System WebView, and also download Manager.
- At first, open the Android Settings then navigate to the Apps or Manage Apps, and if you see the apps, then find out the Google Play Store.
- Now, tap on its Storage, then select the Clear cache and Clear data option, and then you’ll need to follow the same instructions with the rest of the apps.
- Finally, restart the Android device, then you should be able to use the Google Chrome app without any issue.
Google Chrome Helpline
Besides, the above-mentioned process will not affect your data but will make sure that your app updates itself without any hassle. Moreover, you can also contact the tech-experts at Google to get assistance on how to Fix Google Chrome Not Updating on Android issue.