How Do I Fix My Garmin GPS To Work Properly
Garmin GPS is one of the best devices that deals in Global Positioning System (GPS). It helps you in several ways to increase work efficiency. However, there are times when the users find some issues in their Garmin GPS.
We have added some of the ways to fix Garmin GPS issues in this article. But before that, you should know the common issues you might face while using Garmin GPS. Let's check them one by one, and then we will learn the solution.
What are the common issues of Garmin GPS?
Garmin GPS can be a useful device, but it becomes uneasy when it does not function properly. It keeps on shutting down or showing glitches due to many reasons like bad connectivity, lost signals or settings in the GPS. Some of the possible issues could be:
- The touch screen of the device not responding
- The power button has defected
- Getting no sound in Garmin GPS
- Garmin GPS fails to turn on
- Not detecting the signal
- Losing satellite signals
- Garmin GPS shutting of suddenly
These are some common issues users face while using Garmin GPS. If you want to fix this, you need to follow the troubleshooting solution given below.
How To Fix Issue Garmin GPS Not Working Properly
When your Garmin GPS stops working, you first need to check the internet connectivity. After that, you may need the following solutions to fix the problem.
Turn on the Garmin GPS
- You need to check that the power button of your GPS device is ON to Ac or ignition position.
- Check the power cord that should be connected to the GPS unit.
- Make sure that the fuse installed in the radio system is not blown. If so, then you need to install a new one.
- Check the battery of your device that you may need to change or replace.
Getting the Sound back
- You need to check the GPS wires of the GPS that should be connected with the speakers.
- Check if you have muted the GPS device on your system. If so, then you need to unmute it.
- You can also adjust the Audio option by pressing OSD on the remote.
Fix the touchscreen Calibration
- To fix Garmin GPS not responding, you need to check the touch screen activity in the Menu option.
- There you have to open the list and click on the system.
- You have to choose the Calibration option to fix the issue
Resolving the Unresponsive touchscreen
- You need to complete the touchscreen calibration process first
- The screen will start working by this time. If it does not work, you need to get customer support.
Get the GPS reception
- You need to check the GPS antenna that should be plugged correctly.
- You have to check the settings of your GPS device to fix the antenna settings.
- If you can't fix the issue, you can contact the customer support of Garmin GPS.
To detect the GPS device
- You need to ensure that you are using the updated version of the GPS device.
- If you are using an older version, it will not cover some of the remote areas.
- You may need to keep checking for the updates if you have the older version.
Why Is My Garmin Not Picking Up GPS
There could be en-number of issues because Garmin cannot pick up GPS signals, or perhaps it can be unable to find and acquire a signal. Now some common reasons for Garmin not working are mentioned below.
- Syncing issue
- Notifications issues
- Power issue
- GPS issues
- Or it can be like you are in a building
- The densely wooden area surrounds l It can be useful
- Or it can be like you have traveled a long distance from where your device last acquired a signal and many more.
Now to know about the procedure through which you quickly learn about Fix Garmin GPS Not Working, you must go through some simple steps that are quite beneficial for the fixes for the Garmin. So for once, go through these points.
- Update your device with the latest version of Garmin
- Next, you can come out from wooden areas where you will find open space, and then Garmin will automatically receive signals
- Sync your device with Garmin connect so to acquire new EPO/CPE data
- At last, giving the watch a clear view of the sky and horizon will allow for the quickest satellite acquisitions.
However, if you need help, you will have to contact the customer service team for steps to Fix Garmin GPS Not Working without any problem and you will get fixes in simple steps.
Garmin Customer Service
So, these are some of the ways you can use to fix Garmin GPS not working issues. If the above methods cannot help you resolve the issue, you can contact the customer support of Garmin GPS. You need to tell them about your problem, and they will help you by instructing the steps. You can also use the nearest Garmin GPS service centers to call and resolve the issue.