How to fix HTTP error 500 issue
Web design refers to the design of websites that are displayed on the internet. It usually refers to the user experience aspects of website development rather than software development. Web design used to be focused on designing websites for desktop browsers. Now every big or small business having own websites containing all the information related to its business.
There are many users who have a query, what is HTTP error 500? For those who are not aware, error 500 is basically an internal server error which means that something went wrong with the website server, but the server is unable to detect the exact problem. Fortunately, one can easily fix this issue by following some simple steps.
Know How To Fix HTTP error 500 :
- In order to fix error 500, the user needs to reload the web page by simply clicking on the reload button.
- Another way to fix this issue is by clearing the browser’s cache as there are chances that the issue might have occurred because of the cached version of the particular page.
- Further, there are chances that the error 500 issues might have caused because of the 504 Gateway Timeout. Hence, it is suggested to troubleshoot this issue in time to avoid error 500.
- Besides, the user can also try deleting the cookies of the browser to resolve this issue quickly and in time.
- Lastly, the user can also try contacting the developers of the website directly to resolve error 500 in time.
Thus, with this, your query on what is HTTP error 500 is resolved. However, if the issue persists, contact customer support for required assistance.
There are lots of errors faced by a user during accessing on their websites but the most common error is HTTP error 500 so every user needs to know how to fix HTTP error 500.
Here are five ways to fix HTTP error 500
- Check .htaccess file
Most commonly 500 errors occur due to a misconfiguration of “.htaccess” file.
- Check PHP version
Another reason for 500 errors, it may cause due to the WordPress plug-in.
- Check Word press Themes
This same procedure implies for themes. Make use of an FTP client or cPanel. Now, open the ‘themes’ folder and rename the folder containing all files which access the theme which is activated.
- Check PHP memory limit
Plug-in, scripts, and themes often utilize huge memory. All you need to do is to add the following line of code "memory limit = 64M" in your php.ini file present in your home directory.
- When Wordpress files corrupt
If your WordPress core files corrupted, then you need to re-upload a new version of wp-admin and wp-includes folders from a new WordPress installation. As the wp-content folder remains untouched.
If customers still have doubt that how to fix HTTP error 500 then just go through customer service number anytime.