How To Install APK On Android
APK or Android Package Kit is a file that helps in installing an application on Android. In technical terms, it is one of those files that helps users to run the installed programs on Mac or Windows. Further, installing an APK file on Android is quite simple as tapping on the file from the device. However, before the installation process, there are a few things that one needs to consider to avoid any issue at the time of using the APK file.
What is the use of APK?
For the users who are wondering what is the use of APK, for the applications that one install from Google Play Store, they are already making use of an APK without even knowing it. But, when one needs to install an application that is not available on Google Play Store, it is required that the user Install APK on Android to access the particular application or files. Hence, to help out the users with the procedure, one can check out the detailed steps mentioned below.
Procedure For Installing APK On Android
Prepare the device for installation
As most of the Android device doesn’t allow the application to be installed from the third-party sources, it is required that one enables permissions for the installation of unknown apps by following steps:
- Launch the Settings app on the Android device and tap on the security option.
- Further, the user needs to scroll and tap on the Device Administration option.
- Then, the user is required to enable the Unknown sources.
Now, install an APK file on the device
Further, to make the third-party application work on the device, the user needs to Install APK on Android. Well, one can find such APKs in the file manager section. If there is no such APK installed on the device then, the user can download the same by browsing through the Google Play Store and hop on to the next step.
A) Using the Android browser
- After the user finds the website offering the Android app, the user needs to click on the download link.
- Then, a pop-up appears to save the particular file to phone memory. The user needs to accept the changes to the device and proceed.
- After that, the user is required to click on OK and continue with the process.
- Once the file is downloaded, the user can open the particular APK file from the download section and complete the installation process.
B) Transfer APK via USB
Another way to Install an Android File Manager on Android is by transferring the APK from the computer. Further, the user needs to download the particular APK and follow the steps:
Note: One should connect their device with a computer using a USB cable.
- Begin the process by finding the APK file on the computer.
- Further, the user needs to copy the particular file and find a new drive for the device.
- Expand the SD section of the device and paste the particular file.
- Once done, the user can install the APK on their device.
Need any kind of details so just make a call on Customer Service number anytime and experts are there to assist you 24*7.