How To Transfer Google Authenticator To New Phone
Have you purchased a new phone and use the Google Authenticator app to access online accounts secured by two-factor authentication? Then, you need to transfer your Google authenticator to the new device because the failure of code generation might lockout users from accessing the account.
Besides, for the users who are not aware, Google Authenticator is a service that helps in generating codes to complete the authentication process securely. So, to help users Move Google Authenticator To New Phone, they can go through the detailed procedure shared below.
How Can One Transfer Google Authenticator To A New Phone?
To help users transfer Google authenticator to the new phone, the user can go through the quick instructions shared below or seek assistance.
- Begin the process by installing the Google Authenticator app on the new device and sign-in app using a Google account.
- Now, open the two-factor authentication page on the browser.
- After that, click on the Get Started option and continue by logging into the Google account.
- Then, scroll down the page until the Authenticator app option appears on the screen.
- Now, opt for the change phone option and pick the Android or iPhone option.
- After that, a barcode will appear on the computer screen.
- Further, the user needs to open the authenticator app on the phone and tap on begin setup option.
- And then, the user can scan the barcode and click on the Next option on the computer.
- Further, enter the code displayed in the app into the computer screen.
- After that, click on the Verify option and complete the transfer process.
So, this procedure to Move Google Authenticator To New Phone. However, for the users looking for details on how to perform a similar process for their iPhone, they can check out the details shared in this article.
Transferring Google Authenticator to new iPhone
As you might be aware, the iOS app does not offer an option to transfer the accounts between iPhones user needs to perform this process manually by using the instructions shared below.
- Download the Google authenticator app on the new iPhone.
- Now, open the two-factor authentication page on the computer and click on Get started option.
- Then, on the same page, click on the Change phone option and select iPhone.
- Further, the user can scan the barcode and complete the verification to access Google authenticator services.
Thus, with this, the process to Move Google Authenticator To New iPhone is completed. Still, if the user fails to transfer the authenticator app, they can reach out to support for assistance and access their Google accounts without any interruption.
Contacting Google support for assistance
For the users who are failing to Move Google Authenticator To New iPhone and need expert guidance, they can reach out to support by dialing the toll-free number or opting for email or live chat assistance. Further, the user can explain the issue they are facing with the process and fix the issue in time to access uninterrupted Google account services.