Mozilla Firefox Password Recovery
Have you been looking for your saved passwords in your Mozilla Firefox lately? Well, many users have reported that their password have gone missing but that is actually not the case. In fact, this instance might have happened due to the interference of user’s antivirus program with the Mozilla Firefox. However, this could also happen due to other unknown reasons.
Ways To Recover Mozilla FireFox Password
Besides, whether you wish to Recover Mozilla Firefox Password With Recovery Keys or without it, then also you can do this both ways. Therefore, stick to this post until further and get to know about the missing password recovery on Mozilla Firefox.
Steps To Recover Mozilla Firefox Password
You can either look for the password recovery add-ons in your Firefox for restoring your saved passwords, or if that doesn’t work for you, then follow the steps mentioned below for your Mozilla Firefox Password Recovery.
- In your Mozilla Firefox, hit the menu button, then click on the Help option.
- Hit the Troubleshooting Information option, then select the Open Folder option available next to the Profile Folder from the Application Basics category.
- Close the Firefox and then navigate to your Profile Folder to look for the “logins.json” file.
- Once you have found the file, rename it to logins.json.old, and then look for another file called logins.json.corrupt along with date of June 2019.
- If you do find the file, then right-click on it, and then rename it to logins.json.
Recovering Mozilla Firefox Password With Recovery Keys
The Firefox Accounts basically uses your passwords to put an encryption on your data (bookmarks and passwords) to ensure better security. However, if you forget your password, and wish to reset it, then you would be putting your data on risk as it can be erased. That’s why you’ll need to generate another one to Recover Mozilla Firefox Password With Recovery Keys.
Generating The Recovery Key On Mozilla Firefox
- Click on the menu button, then select your Firefox Account email/display name, and then select Account Settings.
- Now, select Manage Account, then on the Firefox Accounts page, click on Enable next to Account Recovery.
- Click on Generate, then mention your password, and then select Continue.
- Choose your method to store the Recovery Key, then click Done to save the recovery key.
Using The Recovery Key To Restore Missing Password
- On the Firefox Accounts sign-in page, select Forgot password link, then checkout your email for the password reset link.
- Click on the link, and then mention the recovery key on the next page.
- Create a new password & recovery key.
Furthermore, contact the Mozilla tech-experts to know more about the Mozilla Firefox Password Recovery, if you face any issue.