How To Protect Outlook.com Account With Two-Step Verification
Protecting an email account is the first thing that is required by every user. In this increasing threat of cybercrimes, they are even said to change passwords frequently.
Get Guide To Protect Outlook.com Account With Two-Step Verification
But, Outlook has brought something different for its users so that they can protect their accounts better. And that is the two-step verification that is available on the Outlook account.
In this option, a user is provided with a verification code on the phone or email after they enter the password of the account. So, to know how to use Outlook two-step verification you can follow the steps below.
Simple Steps To Learn How To Activate Two-step Verification
- First, open a web browser and head over to Outlook.com from the search bar at the top.
- A new screen with Outlook sign-in page gets displayed in front of you. Enter the login credentials and tap “Next”.
- When you enter the inbox of your Outlook account, select your name from the upper right corner of the inbox.
- From the various options, select the “My Account” option such that you can have the settings of your account.
- And then you need to tap on the Sign-in option after entering the current password.
- Now, from the navigation menu, choose the “Security” option and proceed further.
- Now from the option of “Help us to protect your account” option choose what additional security info that you want to select.
- If you choose a phone number, then you will be getting the verification code to confirm. So, enter the code on the screen and tap “Next”.
- Now enter the password once again and select the “Two-step Verification” option and tap on it to enable it.
- Now choose to verify my identity option and choose another option for two-step verification.
- And so, some codes will be sent to you over the email.
Outlook Customer Service
And with the help of the above steps, you can enable Two-step verification in Outlook. For any further issue, you can contact the Outlook customer service.